In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are
dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’
concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service that we provide is Mrs Nicola Eades: Contact details: Email Nicola@bridgestreetdentalsurgery.co.uk, Telephone: 01937 833416, Address: Nicola Eades Practice Manager 22 Bridge Street Dental
Surgery Tadcaster LS24 9AL (Alternatively ask for a business card on reception.)
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to Mrs Nicola
Eades immediately. If Mrs Nicola Eades is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the
practice manageress and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a
reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Mrs Nicola Eades.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will
seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances, which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to
meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay
and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If a patient is not satisfied with the result of our procedure or a patient requires to take further action, then a complaint may be made to:
- The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) For complaints about Private treatment.
- Clover leaf Advocacy Service, Tower Court, Oakdale Road, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4XL T: 0300 012 4212 www.helpwithnhscomplaintsnorthyorks.org: For complaints about NHS treatment.
- The Care Quality Commission, CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4PA, Telephone: 03000 616161, www.cqc.org.uk: Regulate all primary dental care services - both private and NHS - and publish up-to-date information from internal assessments.
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ: The dentists’, Hygienist and Dental Nurses registration body.
Please ask our reception team if you require a copy of our Complaints Policy or you need a complaints
form. We can also provide leaflets on the above external complaint services.